Join Our Team
We are always on the lookout for great people to join our team. If you can see yourself as part of our team, please drop us a line (01869 252077) to have an informal chat or send us your CV with a covering letter (email@example.com).
We may not have a certain position currently advertised but it’s always good to talk to interested professionals.
PLEASE SEE OUR VACANCIES BELOW
Full-time Registered Veterinary Nurse
We are a forward thinking and proudly independent veterinary hospital in Bicester, currently recruiting for a full time RVN. This role will include the challenges and independence of A/H work as well as collaborative day shifts.
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, compassionate, efficient, organised and keen to continually develop and improve.
You will need to be a team player and be willing to integrate into our friendly, collaborative team. Newer RVNs will have a mentor to guide and develop them in their early years.
All nurses have regular “catch-ups” with their manager to check on welfare, progress and to provide support. We will encourage further study and development to ensure you keep growing as an RVN.
Nurses rotate regularly around different roles to include inpatient care, anaesthesia monitoring, nurse clinics, and the lab. You will get plenty of opportunity to develop your nursing skills with other experienced RVNs to guide and support you as required.
We encourage case continuity where possible and as inpatient nurse you would be involved in morning rounds to give your input and to keep you informed of clinical plans.
The nine-week rolling rota has a mix of different shifts each with their own benefits.
• Three weeks will involve 4 daytime shifts.
• Two weeks will have 3 day daytime shifts interspersed with Saturday & Sunday daytime shifts. You’ll be off the Thurs/Fri before the weekend and the Mon/Tues afterwards.
• Two weeks are 5 day weeks but with earlier finishes eg 3.30 or 4.30pm
• One week of 7 nights – Monday night to following Monday morning, then…
• One week off after nights which is actually 8 days off in a row from Monday morning to the Tuesday morning the next week.
Being an independent high-level first opinion practice means we decide on the direction of the practice.
We aren’t tied to cheap generic drugs or low-quality disposables, and are free to reinvest in our practice to continually upgrade facilities and equipment to ensure we have the facilities for excellent patient care and a great work environment for the team.
We perform all but the most advanced procedures in-house. Fracture repairs, cruciate surgery, laparoscopy, intensive care hospitalisations, advanced abdominal & cardiac ultrasound etc.
You will get the opportunity to nurse these cases, using your existing skills and developing new ones. Vet certificate holders in medicine, cardiology, anaesthesia and surgery help to ensure our caseload is interesting and challenging for the whole team.
We train the RVNs of the future, so you’ll have the opportunity to help newer nurses to develop their skills to the same high levels as you! Both our deputy head nurses trained at Bicester Vets and have developed to become team leaders whilst maintaining a hands-on clinical role.
Leanne has completed a Certificate in Exotics whilst Sophie is part way through her Diploma in Physiotherapy. The practice is about to embark upon major renovations which will include a new imaging room with CT.
There’ll be a new isolation room and separate hospitalisation wards for dogs, cats & small mammals/exotics. “Cat friendly” principles will be incorporated into our waiting room makeover and cat ward. There will be a greatly improved staff area to allow comfortable down-time for your breaks, reinvigorating you for the rest of the day.
Our practice is located in Bicester, situated 20 minutes from Oxford with excellent transport links. We are close to the Cotswolds and home to the famous Bicester Village!
• 5.6 weeks annual leave including Bank Holidays
• Additionally, the week off after nights is like having an extra 5-6 weeks off per year
• CPD is supported with a budget of £750 + VAT per year
• Certificates and advanced study encouraged and funded. Recent examples include: ECC, wound management, exotics, physiotherapy, behaviour and nutrition.
• Generous staff discount for your pets
• Company sick pay and cycle to work scheme
• Summertime staff & families BBQ plus Christmas staff & partners party
• Regular, in-house CPD evenings with pizza!
• Modern hospital facilities/equipment including DR x-ray system with floating table, dental x-ray, laparoscopy/rhinoscopy, ventilator, multi-parameter monitoring & ultrasound. CT coming soon.
Salary package from £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience and additional responsibilities.
If you think you will be a great fit for our team, please email your CV & covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a vet student?
We are a Graduate Friendly Practice